In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Leptospira Leptospirosis is a disease that can affect human and animals
- Giardia Giardia is a single-celled parasite that lives in your dog’s intestines.
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- HomeAgain Microchip HomeAgain Microchips will increase the chance of your pets safe return home.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems We are dedicated to helping others experience the same joy we share with our own pets. Our insight into the animal’s point of view and awareness of how all our interactions affect them allows us and our pets to have fun and enjoy life together every day.
- Dogs and Ticks This website can provide you with information about tick-borne diseases.
- Anaplasmosis Information regarding exposure, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- Pet Loss Grief Support This website provides support to those that are preparing or have lost their beloved pet.
- West Nile Virus This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.